Today we are going to discuss about Bhastrika Pranayama and the benefits of Bhastrika Pranayama. This will help you to understand this form of yoga better and improve your health. Bhastrika Pranayama is a form of Pranayama.
- In this you are supposed to sit in padmasana position
- The back should be straight
- You should do this in the mornings or before you sleep
- It must be practiced for three months at least on a regular basis to get the benefits
- It must be done for three to four rounds to get the desired results
How to do Bhastrika Pranayama?
- Find a calm place and sit.
- You must close your eyes.
- Slowly concentrate on the stillness of the body.
- Then start to concentrate on your breathing.
- Now lift your hand which was placed on your knees.
- Close the right nostril with the thumb.
- Now inhale and exhale for about twenty times rapidly.
- The breathing should be fast.
- Now you can move to the left nostril and do the same. When you do this you will notice your stomach going in and out.
- After you are done with each nostril for three times you can place your hand on your knees.
- After a little while try the same with both the nostrils at the same time.
- This too should be done for twenty times continuously.
You must keep few points in mind.
You must do the Bhastrika Pranayama by giving breaks. For example before you move to the right or the left nostril wait for some time this will improve the impact of the yoga. During this break you should breathe normally.
If you cannot sit in padmasan this happens to people who are old then you can try this sitting on a chair. Your back should be straight. Bhastrika Pranayama can be learnt in any yoga class. Before you start learning you must tell your yoga teacher all about any health problem that you have.
Bhastrika Pranayama can be done by people of all age. It is very beneficial. However, some people feel that when you do Bhastrika Pranayama rounds for a long time the impact is better. This is not true. The number of rounds completely depends on your health. It also depends on the number of month you have been practicing the Bhastrika Pranayama.
We suggest that if you want to learn the Bhastrika Pranayama you can join a yoga class. You must increase the number of rounds only after discussion with your yoga teacher. He will be able to suggest the best practice for you.
Donts with Bhastrika Pranayama
- It is not a good exercise for those who have severe heart problems.
- It is also not advised to those who are suffering from asthma.
- Pregnant women should not do it unless advised by the doctors.
The benefits of the Bhastrika Pranayama are
- Bhastrika Pranayama refreshes the body and the mind.
- It can repair the whole body and the mind. When you do it for a long time you will feel a new level of energy in your body.
- Bhastrika Pranayama can improve memory. When practiced from a young age it can make your mind sharper.
- Bhastrika Pranayama improves the circulation of blood in the body. It can improve the flow of blood to the different parts of the body. As a result the organs of the body feel fresh and healthy.
- Bhastrika Pranayama improves the circulation of blood to the eyes and the ears. As a result it improves eye sight and also hearing. People who do Bhastrika Pranayama regularly don’t get power.
- It is good for the lungs and the respiration system. People who have bronchitis find Bhastrika Pranayama extremely beneficial. The doctors will also tell you how effective Bhastrika Pranayama can be in respiratory problems.
- Bhastrika Pranayama can improve the digestive power of the body. It helps in better metabolism. As a result the people who do this yoga regularly don’t suffer from digestive problems.
- The Bhastrika Pranayama is extremely useful in weight loss. It can accelerate the fat burning rate of the body. It can give you a trim stomach.
- Bhastrika Pranayama is very effective in dealing with negative thoughts. It can keep depression away.