In our recent issue we discussed the basics of astrology and today we shall continue with the tutorial on horoscope readings and how to go about knowing your circumstances and relate them with your stars.
PERMANENT 1ST HOUSES (LAGNA)
KING’S THRONE, BODY, FAME ETC.
First house is like the throne of Solomon. It is the king Lagna or Ascendant. It is the most important house. If an exalted planet occupies this house, it becomes the planet of fate, encouraging promotion, health and prosperity. Conversely, if malefic planet occupies this house it spells doom, disaster and misfortune.
Body, constitution, appearance, knowledge, complexion, strength or weakness, fame, dignity, dreams, happiness etc. are also to be judged from the first house or Lagna.
PERMANENT 2ND HOUSE
GOD’S TEMPLE, OLD AGE, PERSONSAL FATE, WEALTH.
This is the house and temple of god. It confers honors, wealth, prosperity and domestic happiness. An exalted planet in this house makes a man great and eminent. It is the house of personal fate where goddess Lakshmi resides. Even the malefic planets shun their bad and wicked ways in this house and pay their respect to Jupiter, the great guru. This house also denotes speech, family precious metals, jewels, face, the mouth and the tongue.
- House no.2 is always the foundation of all the nine planets or house no.9 which is regarded as boundless ocean. But house no.4 is the foundation of house no.2.
- House no.8 aspects House no.2 and house no.2 aspects house no.6. In other words, House no.8 and 6 are mutually assented by each other. If no.8 is vacant, Jupiter remains dormant and gives bad results and man incurs loses. If house no.9 is the ocean laden with Monsoons, house no.2 is like the series oh hills where the Monsoons strike and bless the hills and the plains with rains.
PERMANENT 3RD HOUSE
MOTHERS’ LAP AND BELESSINGS, COMFORTS
This house gives the cool refreshing and silvery light of the moon. It confers all the comforts and amenities of life, such as abundance of Rice, Milk, houses, mothers’ bless-ketu take the solemn oath to shun their wicked ways. Such a man is noble and pious.
This house also determines mother, happiness, treasure, immovable property, dwelling houses, position attained through education, good name, maternal relations, generosity, comforts, piety , moral virtues, clothes, perfumes etc.
- IN THE HOUSE Saturn is like a poisonous snake and Mars is the most malefic, but Rahu and ketu shun their wickedness and become noble and pious.
- If moon is outside the four Kendras (1, 4, 7, 10) and house no.4 is vacant, moon exercise good influence on all planets including itself, even if moon is debilitating.
- If no.4 is occupied by any planet alone and moon is debilitating in a house outside the four Kendras, the planet in no.4 will bestow good results, whether Moon’s enemy or friend. For example, house no 4 is occupied by ketu and Moon is in no.8 or 11; ketu will no longer be bad.
- If house no.4 is vacant, it will give good results till the end of life.
- If housesno.3, 6 and 8 are malefic in the horoscope, 4th house becomes the excuse for death.
- A planet occupying 4th house imbibes the characteristics of Moon.
PERMANENT 5TH HOUSE
PROGENY; FUTURE OF CHILDREN, KNOWLEDGE.
LORD: SUN & JUPITER
This house is the repository of knowledge bright progeny, sons, Grandsons, eminence goodness, wisdom, and longevity of life. This house also denotes children, their age; health, knowledge, intelligence, scholarship, discretion, authorship, name and fame, happiness from children etc.
- IF no. 3, 4 or 9 are malefic, they exercise bad influence on no.5.
- If Sun or Jupiter occupies no. 10, they will poison house no.5, even if no.5 is occupied by a friend.
- Even if the friend occupies the 6th or 10th house, it will act as a sworn enemy and will destroy the planet of no. 5.
- If Ketu is exalted everything is fine, but if Rahu is malefic everything will become topsy-turvy.
- In order to save the planet occupying this house from the poisonous arrows of no. 6 or 10, bury the articles pertaining to its enemies in the earth or in foundation of the ancestral house. If no. 8 is malefic then bury such articles in the earth only.
- As long as Jupiter is exalted in the horoscope, children remain happy and prosperous.
- If Saturn and Venus are malefic, they will exercise bad effect; but if moon is exalted, the malefic effect of Saturn and Venus will be nullified and everything turns out to be fine.
- When Sun-Venus OR Sun or Jupiter is in house no.5, a malefic planet or Venus occupying the 1st house will cause ill-health.